There are lots of perks with having a "special needs" kid. If it is even fair to call him that, now that he is doing so great, I often feel guilty for his blessings. I don't know why. It just seems that we were "supposed" to have it so tough, and now that Cole is thriving, I feel like we have stolen blessings and we are running off with them like a thief in the night! It might not make sense... but that is the best way to describe how it feels sometimes.
However, then Cole throws up all over me for the fourth time in a morning, right as I've just gotten out of the shower and I have to do ANOTHER load of laundry before going to his 7th therapy for the week, and I think... "Yeah, bring on the perks."
So here are some of the fun perks.
Handicap Parking... it rocks. Seriously, there is nothing more to say... it totally rocks.
Fast Pass line at Disneyland... Again, words can't describe how much we love this perk. Way to go Cole! You have saved many cousins HOURS in line for Nemo alone!
Another fun thing is that with Cole being so involved at CHOC hospital, we were invited to go to the Long Beach Marina CHOC day. All the therapists and many of the kids and their familes got to come spend the day playing with jet skis, boats, kayaks, and other fun events. It was all free, and In-and-Out sponsored a yummy lunch! We had a terrific day!
7 comments:
I think you definitly deserve any perks you can get!! I don't know how you do it. I only had to spend at CHOC but to see all the very sick babies, I know what you mean about stealing blessings...everyone has been so concerned and I was definitly concerned about all the little little babies their.
CHOC is a wonderful place and I am glad that Cole is thriving and doing better each day!!! He is such a cutie!! Enjoy the perks!!
I agree with Abby, the Lord doesn't goof up and send blessings when they're not warranted. :) But it's easier to say let go of the guilt than to do it. But you're awesome! What a fun day for your family! My family was able to do some of those and it just warms your heart to see people so willing and caring for the ones you love!
So fun! I am so glad you take time to enjoy those few perks that you do get. You are amazing! I tried to get a handicap pass for my broken leg 2 year old but NO SOUP FOR ME! She didn't qualify!
Looks like a great day. I have decided this is my new motto (I don't know what else to call it) "the Lord gives us what we can handle" and the Lord must know that these perks are what help you get through those throw-up mornings.
Take advantage of all the perks, you deserve it. That is so awesome that CHOC does that, it looks like major fun.
it looks like you guys had lots of fun!
Oh Charise, I can understand how you must feel sometimes with the "blessing thing", but dang girl you really deserve the blessings!=) You are such a good mommy.
Post a Comment