They ask me, "Does he ever line up his toys?" Ummmmmm.... ALWAYS!
Brighton, you are an amzing kid, and I am the luckiest mom in the world to get to hang out with you every day. I sure love you a lot!
You are Brighton's mom if:
If you know what IBI, ABA, SDC, ASL, IEP and TACA are.
The only thing that will calm him down is to yell "Baby Sandwich" and then run and catch him and lay down with all your weight on him.
You know that baby ears for breakfast is the greatest thing in the world!
If he is going to be 6 next week, and he is still very far from being potty trained.
You learn to adapt to OCD behavior and it doesn't bother you. You give him time and limits, but let him do it.
If you find yourself doing things in a pattern to prevent meltdowns
If you know to take a bag of gummies, sensory stretchy toys and a race car with you everywhere.
If you know NEVER to offer him a bottle of water without first grabbing a sharpie and writing a capital B on it (for Brighton)
If the clothes you purchase are button and zipper free
If you are still buying pull-ups at the age of 6 and wishing daily they would make bigger sizes, that are cool styles, not the grandma kind.
If you can watch the same section of Kung Fu Panda over and over and over and over and not get frustrated.
If you just picked things up, only to turn around and find them scattered in the EXACT manner as they were before.
IF YOU HAVE PATIENCE.
You have cars lined up always.
You cook the same food everyday!
Breakfast, frozen Waffles with peanut butter and whip cream, cut into strips, eaten with fingers. Do not make any changes!!! Followed by an Otter Pop if good behavior.
Immediately after school, Celeste's Pepperoni Pizza (Silly daddy bought Sausage/Pepperoni.... what was he thinking???) Right now, shout out a HUGE thank you to Celeste's Pizza for being so affordable! $1.00 a pizza! So great! followed, of course, by Otter Pop if good behavior.
He hugs you so tight you can't breathe, but you don't want him to stop as it is so wonderful.
You chuckle at the "problems" other parents THINK they have with a non Angel.
Your heart has broken during a severe meltdown or tantrum.
You are capable of finding many adaptations to make his world a little better.
You remind yourself at least twice a day... It is a short circuit in his brain. It is not him being a brat or a jerk! He seriously does not get it. Talk it out, talk it out!
5 comments:
Oh Charie I love you so much. And I love that little boy of yours so much. He needed you so much in this life! And he was sent to us because of that! I love you.
You are so patient! And Brighton is so lucky to have you! Keep up your good work! :)
I sure love you Brighton.
Your attitude is a good reminder to all moms out there...you don't have it easy but you always have a smile on your face and are so grateful for your family (I know you and Bill are supposed to be these boys parents). More of us should be as grateful as you are!
I like your positive attitude. My daughter has autism (5 1/2) and is also far from being potty trained. Did you know you can get free diapers or pull-ups, covered by prescription once they're 5? Just ask your pediatrician. At least I can, in California. They're delivered to my door for free! So wonderful. By the way, I am one of Lani's friends from church/high school. I don't know if I met you but it's always nice to know about another parent in the same situation! My blog is www.thefourredheads.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment