Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cole...Sick...Again


This is just for updating and keeping track purposes only.

Cole woke up at about 5am this morning with the horrible breathing problems again.

Yesterday he did not leave the house. He stayed home all day.

We did have two darling, healthy friends over to play. They have a semi-sick baby brother who was going to come but didn't, because this friend knows how fragile Cole is. (She is an amazing friend, and I am lucky to have her, and her kids in my life. Her husband is okay... but needs to learn the joys of coconut before he can be considered great.)

Friend, you know who you are, stop reading this now because it is in no way your fault and I know you will blame yourself!

Anyway... is it possible that they were fine, but just carried the germs over to Cole? Or am I way over-thinking this? But really, what else could it be? No new soap, no new cleaning supplies, no changes of any sort. No weather changes, no smokers in his area, no hay, no grass.... ARGHHH!
It is making me crazy just not knowing what causes it.

This video is AFTER his breathing treatment. I really don't think the treatments work... but what do I know? This was definitely not as bad as some are... But I want to keep of record of them. Notice the tears in his eyes at the end. I know it is terribly painful for him to cough like that for hours.


He slept very fitfully until 11:00am. I had to stay close because when he stirs and starts to wake up, he realizes he can't breathe and panics and it makes it so much worse. So I just snuggled him in bed until 2:00 today. (Rough Life, I Know!)

But now tonight, he is much better.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It just breaks my heart to watch. You will all be in our prayers. It must be so frusrating not to be able to pinpoint a cause.