Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cole is a rock star!!

Cole's last big surgery on his California tour was today! It went great!! He is all done with all things medical in the state of California!!! (knock wood, barring an unforeseen craziness!) We have finished up with ENT, Pulmonary, GI, Optometry, Speech/Language, OT, Neurology, and general pediatrician. We are done baby!!!

Whooo hooo!
Sorry, no pictures from the hospital this week. I was full time mommy snuggle duty. He panics now more than ever. i think it is because he knows what is coming.
A couple of funny crazy Cole stories for you all to enjoy.

Yesterday, part of the pro-op was to get blood work done. Not a favorite of Cole's. After all the hoopla, tears and distress of the day, as we were driving home, he says to me in a panicked voice, "Mom! We forgot my blood!" "What?" I ask. "We forgot to get my blood at the hospital." "Cole-ee, we leave your blood there. We don't take it home with us." Now aghast, horrified and VERY WORRIED he says, "Mom, they are going to DRINK MY BLOOD?????" What, I ask again, because thise conversation is too crazy for me to comprehend, and as most of you know, with a paralyzed vocal chord, Cole can be difficult to understand. So he now is in sheer terror panic, "Mom, they are going to DRINK MY BLOOD?????" I start laughing, (which seriously ticks him off, but it had been a LONGGGGG day of appointments and tears, and I was done) and I say, "No, nobody is going to drink your blood!" He is quiet and I think all is well, until about 6 seconds later when in the silence I hear, dead serious, "They are going to EAT??? my blood? Are they going to cook it like marinara sauce."

So by this time I am laughing so hard and he is ticked because he is serious, and freaking out that the doctors are having his blood over pasta for dinner tonight. I tried to explain testing his blood for sickness, but since I was laughing I could tell he was not buying a word I said. So much for Cole wanting to be a doctor someday. Not if they have to eat the blood for dinner.

Thanks to all the emails, calls and facebook notes today from you all. We felt very loved and blessed.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I could not stop laughing! Marinara sauce, hilarious!

Laura said...

Ew--poor Cole,it totally makes sense that if they wanted his blood so badly, it must be for a good reason. Hope recovery goes well and you will be ready for your BIG move!

Leslie said...

Oh my hilarious! What a cute boy. we will sure miss him and the rest of you!