Saturday, January 19, 2008

A beautiful day.

Today I was the keynote speaker at our stake young women's conference. There were 175 people there and I was so nervous! My talk was titled "Good Morning Beautiful" and it was on finding a way to love your body, and yourself. I was so happy, because my darling husband came and set everything up for me. Cute mom and dad came to hear me, and best of all, my wonderful friends Ally and Julie Bostrom came all the way from Riverside to hear me speak. It meant so much to me that all of these people supported me. I really wanted Ally to come, because she is the exact age I was focusing on and I know that your first year in high school can be tough.

After the conference, Julie, Ally and I came to my house and worked on really cute patriotic picture frames for me to give all the 07 DC trip families their picture of the kids in front of the capitol. The frames are darling! I really owe Julie for helping me out so much. I am so thankful for her friendship.

Then Bill and I took the boys to dinner. It was a perfect dinner experience. We really loved being with our little family. We choose Lonestar steakhouse because we love their food, and they offer a continuous use buy one get one free meal when you have the entertainment book. So yummy! I had the ribeye and Bill had the ribs. Both of our all time favorite foods! We split a salad... I had Blue Cheese, he had Thousand Island. Brighton had his favorite... rolls with butter and sprite. Cole just ate little bites of everything. The boys were both perfectly behaved. They were so much fun to be with... Oh if only every night dining out could be this perfect!

Sorry to anyone out there who read this and was bored. Mitzi said I could use it as my journal, so that is what I am trying to do. Maybe I can spice it up tomorrow. In all, it was a really beautiful day, and I was lucky to be alive to live it.
Charise

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

I will have you know that I read every word! And I enjoyed picturing your cute little family and laughed b/c Brighton and Connor's diets are so similar (except the sprite). But I enjoyed the little details. Great Job on your blogging! It is fun to see you so excited.

Ashley said...

I LOVE the blog. I'm so excited to read about everything you are doing. That picture at the top is adorable. Brighton's face is hilarious.

MeiLani and Michael said...

Glad the talk went well. Michael had all these other good insights that I think he got a little too busy to add- but he really enjoys your Cougar fight song messages :)