Friday, January 18, 2008

Journal of a mother and daughter.

Being Brighton's Mom... My son just told me I am not fun. I just laughed. Seriously... the worst insult he could think to give... That I am not fun! I think he is a yellow personality. I have been trying to figure it out for a while, and it is starting to become more clear to me. He is hilarous. Everything lately is the newest adventure. Skateboarding, soccer, scooter, running, jumping. He is wonderful, and he is 100% boy! He is struggeling to learn how to express his emotions (anger, tired, bored) with language. He will "punch" and "shove" when he is bored or frustrated. I am trying to help him learn to use words.

Cole... today I booked his GI appointment for next week, his Echocardiogram (heart ultrasound) for next Wedneday, and a urology surgery for Thursday. I also coordinated with his Speech Therapist, and his Occupational Therapist. In all, I spent about three hours on the phone just today in coordinting this tiny little man's appointments. He is the greatest full time job ever! I am worried because he is very spoiled. We don't want him to cry hard, because he will throw up all over, so we jump to his beck and call. Although I think it is probably to soon to tell... he sure seems like a red personality to me. He is definately the little ruler of our house.

Occasionally, my dad will speak from his heart and it is priceless. Tonight he sent me this email. It is in response to a talk I am giving at a Young Women's conference tomorrow morning. the topic is loveing yourself, and being true to the royalty you are.
As a sister of 5 my dad has said that he has seen all of his children at all stages of Life, braces, prom queens, and Graduates. Ugly times and Beautiful times. Crying times, hurt time but no Time more beautiful and more radiant, and just glowing beyond words, than when each one of us walked into the Ceiling room in the Temple, to be sealed to our eternal companions. He said how truly proud he was, and honored to be there. It was truly a testament of how we had lived our lives to that point, and he could imagine how thrilled Father in Heaven must have been.
Love Dad

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say?? LOVE YA ... Ed Gates 1/18/08

I love my dad so much! He is a true blessing in my life on Earth.

6 comments:

Chuck Gates said...

dad's note made me cry.

Chuck Gates said...

Forgot to add that the picture of the pirates is adorable and your skinny face in the cute pic with Cole, looks like college Charise.

Charise said...

Thanks Chuck... and especially thanks for your cute phone calls today. I love you!!!
Charise

MeiLani and Michael said...

Who just takes a pirate picture with their kids! You are TOTALLY a FUN mom! Some day he will realize it... promise!

Tiffany said...

yeah, what is that pirate picture? Who thought of that?! It is very cute though! Also, I think I left the pictures that you gave me of your 2 boys at home... is there any way that I can get some agian sent to me to put on my fridge? Sorry!

Vatcher Family said...

You are the most cutest family in the whole world! You look amazing!!!