Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It takes a Village

They say it takes a village to raise a child... and I am so thankful for my village!




I have the neatest group of girlfriends! They are wonderful. Between us there are over 30 kids ages 5 and under! (almost 40!) These are the women I turn to when I need help with my boys. They are wonderful, caring examples of how to be a great mom. We all have different parenting styles, but we learn so much from each other.

I love that we never have any backbiting or gossip. These woman are amazing!

Here we are at the park last week for St. Patrick's Day. None of the pictures turned out great. Oh well. Next time!

I joined the group with what I call the "original ten". (I always looked to make certain there were ten on the email list so I didn't leave anyone out.) Now there are so many more and it is wonderful! We try to make sure every one feels welcome and included. We like to invite everyone and we really hope nobody ever feels left out.

Some of my favorite things we have done together this past year include:
Irvine Park Railroad and Pumpkin Patch
Abby's House parties
Disneyland
Beach Parties


















Here are some of the "girls" in the group. ( I am sorry if I leave anyone out... there are a lot of us!)

Shaylyn Johnson 3 kids
Abby Trapp 3 kids
Karen Brown 3 kids
Kelly Brown 2 kids
Wendy Clevland 2 kids
Kathryn Pearson 2 kids
Charise Johnson 2 kids
Lisa Rice 1 1/2 kids
Darcy Yaden 1 kid
Lanay 2 kids
Kate Ingram 3 kids
Katie Anderson 3 kids
Melissa Pushckor 2 kids
Stacy Hughes 3 1/2 kids
Debbie Parker 2 kids
Genny Adams 3 kids
Bethany Warnick 4 kids

1 comment:

Price Family Connection said...

What a great group of women. I never stopped to list how many kids we all have together. Wow...and "Whew!"