Thursday, May 7, 2009

I am so thankful for family reunions!

My darling friend Abby has thankful Thursday each week on her blog. Well, I am not nearly as organized as she is... and I never make the time to blog regularly, so I am going to see if I can back date some posts from past Thursdays.... Here it goes...

Today is really Friday, May 8, but I am going to try to post this as Thursday, May 7.

testing, 1, 2, 3, testing...

I am so thankful that Cole is a part of this amazing family!

I imagine that up in Heaven, when Heavenly Father was assigning out families... Cole must have jumped for joy when he was assigned to be a part of the Whiting, Brown, Bodell, Gates, Johnson family! We have such an amazing heritage of love and laughter, and strength. As I watched my little boy dancing and playing with his 100 plus cousins last weekend I got teary eyed a few times realizing how blessed he is to have such an amazing group of cousins, aunts and uncles who love him so much. I am so thankful Heavenly Father sent him to our house to live!!!


I missed it when he was going full speed like a crazy boy... but you can still get the idea with this video clip.



Thanks to Amy for organizing such a GREAT reunion up at Warm Springs. It was AWESOME!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Love that video Charise!!! Glad you had so much fun!

Mitzi said...

I am totally crying. First of all, at how old your son is. Second of all that he is so blessed to have a mommy like you that was willing to take on his problems. Third that I missed that reunion w/ my kids. I totally should have made that a priority. He is so cute trying to touch the front and back floor like the big kids.

Hancocks said...

Cole's got the moves!! I love how he stretched his legs out as far as they could go without going into the splits and then got his arms and hands going like crazy. He's adorable!