Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My guy

"Mom, sometimes I listen to my brain and sometimes, because of my Autism, I listen to the Holy Ghost." It was such a great moment... He just got it. That sometimes his brain makes "crazies" and he can't always trust that... so he needs to listen with his heart and to the Holy Ghost.

We have been working a lot on using his words, and speaking his thoughts, instead of just breaking down into the "crazies". He now knows when to say, "Mom, it's just freaking me out!"

What a great kid. I love being his mom.

4 comments:

Julia Davis said...

I just love that. Char, Have you watched the series "Parenthood" at all? A main focus story is the family who has a son with Autism and it seriously made me tear up on several occasions because these kids are so so sweet. It definitely makes you think.

So glad Brighto has such an amazing family.

Kelly said...

Ahhh! That is SO sweet! You are such a great mom! Miss you guys!

MeiLani and Michael said...

Oh my word... SOOOOO stinkin' excited to see that boy!

Mitzi said...

What a sweet big boy you have! Who knows, in a few years, it could be my kids that are "those kids in the family."