I just love everything associated with this time of the year! I love the food... Cider, hot cocoa, warm baked goods.
I love the smells, everything with apples and spices and baking pies. (No, I have never in my entire life actually baked a pie... but I have candles that make it smell like I do bake pies regularly... and I love the smell it gives my house. Now that I think of it... I am going to bake a pie tonight. It's Sunday, and I don't have anything else I have to do... Brighton! Tonight we are baking an apple pie! hmmmm... I wonder how you bake an apple pie???)
I love the decorations. My friend Abby lives around the corner from me, and every person in our entire neighborhood sees her house first when they turn into our "Wisteria Lane". Abby is Amazing! She is fun, caring, sweet, cute and really talented. Her house has been decorated with fall deco for two weeks! It is like a big welcome sign to every person coming to visit our houses. It immediately makes you feel like you are entering a place where people live the happy life. Kids on bikes, dads playing with their kids, moms baking pies. (Seriously! I have got to try making a pie!!)
Here are a few of my favorite harvest pictures from the season so far.
Enjoy... and take the time to harvest.
9 comments:
Thanks Charise...I can't even tell you how much I love you and how grateful to have such a good friend who makes me feel GREAT!! I love how you are ALWAYS so giving and loving....and I may just get the worst neighbor of the year award for not knowing you needed help recently HELLO you had better call me next time....well I hope there is no next time but still!! love ya girlie...and I want to go apple picking too precious what great memories!!
Where did you go to pick those apples??? That looks like so much fun and a great way to get into the season. I can't wait for all of us to go to the pumpkin patches when they start opening!!! Totally ditto to everything Abby said too.
Ditto to Abby and Darci. I want to make an apple pie. My Grandma made a peach pie when we were there and it was the.best.peach.pie.EVER. Now I really want pie (my TJ's ice cream will have to do).
You make the pie yet? How'd it turn out? If you need a recipe, check out the one I put in Bodell Bistro, its from my father in law - yum!
Awww! I love you and your kids sooooo much char! you are so great!!
Love, Brianne Kirkby
I think I am going to have to make apple pie tonight. Don't tell anyone we cheat and use already jarred apples! SHHH!!
btw...you all look so stinkin' cute in your orange!
You really do look so cute in all of your orange! How did the pie go? I am dying to know! Also, I am also very excited about the holidays! I can't wait for halloween! And especially Thanksgiving! I have been craving Turkey and gravy and mashed potatoes for a long time now!!!! I am trying to convince Ryan that we need to go down to California for the week of Thanksgiving. We want to go to D-land for Mon, Tues, and Wed before, when our passes are good still and see all the christmas decorations! Go to D-land right now for me and take lots of pictures! I love it during this time with all the pumpkins and everything!
dude totally delayed reaction here, hehe, but Jeremy and Crystal make the most amazing apple pie ever! you should totally try and get their recipe from them. They even peel the apples themselves. its intense.
Post a Comment