Being a mom is awesome. I love carrying on some of the neat things my mom did for me when I was little. I used to love coming home from school, because every day after school mom had snack time for us. Sometimes she would have hot cookies waiting. Sometimes she would make us Saimen. (top ramen for those non-Hawaiian readers.) I remember carrot sticks with ranch dip. Amy and Chuck, what else do you remember?
Anyway, I guess I always just thought that this was her way of getting us to eat enough. But now I realize that is totally not it. This was her way of bribing us to sit down as soon as we got home from school and tell her every detail of our day! It started a line of communication that we still have to this day!
As soon as Brighton gets home, I can hardly wait for him to tell me everything! But the first day he had nothing to say. NOTHING!! I wanted every detail, and he couldn't think of a thing to share. So I realized my mom's brilliance, and I quickly told him about snack talk time.We went into the kitchen and made cookies together, and as long as he talked, he got to help and eat. It was great!! We have been doing it for two weeks now. Sometimes we make stuff, and sometimes we just snuggle on the couch together. He doesn't seem to care, as long as there is food involved and he has my undivided attention. Yesterday was string cheese and a banana. Now he grabs my hand as soon as he gets off the bus and says, "Come on mom, let's see what we should eat." It is great!
Today we made cocoa. I had been to this awesome Chocolate Party and had gotten some really neat hot cocoa fixings that I was excited to use. So I told Brighton that we would do it after school. We had some much fun!
And yes, Cole poured hot cocoa on the floor not once, not twice, but THREE times! But it really didn't matter. He was trying, and it was fun, and memories were made. You just can't enjoy hot cocoa from a sippy cup.
Being a mom of boys totally rocks!!
4 comments:
So cute! I can't wait to have my boy!
So cute chari! I am so glad that you are continuing these traditions on!
Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! Three posts in 24 hours!!!! I am LOVING THIS!!!! Also, you can do fun things like this with your little girl too! Especially if she is like Tara who loves to get dirty! Am I a bad mom? We did hot cocoa the other day and I did put it into the sippy cups. I am not as daring as you.
I can't believe, it my mom did the same thing. She always had treats, but didn't really ask about our day just always was willing to make food for us, I loved it.
I don't know how I missed your previous post, but CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you and that you are getting your girl. I love Bridgett, I have always loved that name, so cute.
I am also so glad we are friends. Have you figured out how to use your camera?? (remember on the 4th you said you didn't like it becasue it took bad pics? ) These pics are so cute.
Post a Comment