Monday, December 6, 2010

Cole... my funny, funny kid.

This picture is "classic Cole". He does this exact dance at least five times every day! He is so much fun to have around.

He is either being really goofy like this, or else he is very serious... almost to the point of being in what I would call a bad mood. I believe it is because of his parralyzed vocal chords. He really struggles to communicate with words, so he uses his body language to do the majority of his communicating. When he is sad, or upset, or ticked off, or angry... he really shows it with his "non-verbal cues". (thanks to lots of therapists who have helped me learn how to "read" this little guy.)

Cole really reminds me of three "characters".
1. Donald Duck from Mickey Mouse Play House, funny, gripey, but always in for more fun.
2. Wheeza from Steele Magnolias, "I've just been in a bad mood for the past few years"
3. Toby from West Wing, Brilliant smart, but very serious.
But when he is good, he is very, very good!

Every morning, and I mean EVERY MORNING, Cole comes in before anyone else in the house is up, and he climbs in to bed with me. He wraps his arms and legs around me and we snuggle. It is honestly one of the greatest parts of every day each day. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Sometimes his toes are ice cold, and it always makes me so happy. It wakes me up enough to help me be so thankful for these snuggles. I know that someday he will value his sleep over snuggle tiem with mommy. When he sticks those freezing cold toes under my nice warm legs, I think, every time, "I'll bet Bobby doesn't do this with Carrie every morning any more. I need to be thankful for this as long as I have it!"


1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a sweet post. I try to remember to cherish those early morning cuddles with Lucy.

Wheeza! really? I love her.