Sunday, December 19, 2010

seriously talented

The Dittbrenners are seriously talented. My family all know, but for my friends information, my brother-in-law Wayne has the very best voice out of anyone I have ever met in real life. It is truly amazing!

So when we went to church today, I was in for some fun surprises. First of all, Amy totally PLAYED THE FLUTE AS A SOLO!!!! Hello, PLAYED the FLUTE as a SOLO! I did not even know she played the flute.



Then it is time for another special musical number and Dixie gets on up there and plays the violin!!! YES, I am TOTALLY SERIOUS! It was really fantastic.

Then my favorite part of all. It is time for the church choir to sing and Dillon gets up and sings with them! It was really such a fun thing to see all of them being so musical and involved in their ward.

The one thing that surprised me is that Wayne did not sing in the choir. With a voice like his, he would be a terrific addition to the choir.. However, the rest of the family totally made up for Wayne's "stage fright".

Funny thing... I never really thought about it.... but the stake presidency and bishopric members do not like it when you pull out a camera in church. I really freaked them out. But I really did not mean to. It was kind of hilarious. Apparently the first councilor in the stake presidency said to the Bishop, "We have a camera going up in row three." And I guess he fully expected the Bishop to "deal with the situation." Hilarious!!!

Luckily I was done with my video clips, so I put away my camera, totally oblivious to the "commotion" on the stand.

So at great personal risk... these above were the quick clips I got for my mom and dad to enjoy. Your grandchildren and daughter are amazing!




4 comments:

Mitzi said...

That is so great! I am so glad that you pulled out a camera. Opps! You got me all psyched out when you started with what an amazing voice Wayne has. I was expecting a solo w/ amy playing flute and dixie playing violin and Darcy playing piano. So was anyone else in the choir with Dillon? Or did Amy drive just him to and from practice? That is hilarious!!

Laura said...

You absolutely crack me up! How funny that you were the "situation" in row 3, and great job Dittbrenner family!

Ashley said...

I had no idea Amy played the flute! So glad you pulled out the camera!

Tiffany said...

Seriously... I knew Amy PLAYED the flute in like, middle school... so did I... but I don't remember ANYTHING! Way to go Dittbrenner family!