He told me to dress the kids warm and pack a light picnic snack. Yahoooo! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when he plans fun adventures!
We started out taking the ferry boat across the island to Balboa Peninsula. We parked at the Fun Zone and went to the new free nautical museum. The boys LOVED it! It has lots of model ships and it was fun to walk around. You can see the whole thing in less than a half hour. The lady at the front desk gave us a 10 minute tour of the highlights. It was neat to see highlights of our area.
The boys were very excited about the penny toys they won.
Daddy had a groupon coupon for a half price boat rental! We rented a little speed boat and went out touring the Balboa Islands for an hour and a half! (Note to girlfriends who live in the area... It was AWESOME and CHEAP and they are doing more groupons in March!!!!)
Does anyone in my family recognize the background?
We all had such a great time.
After our boating adventures, we were off to our next location. Bill told me I could choose where we ate. I immediately said, "The Crab Pot!" Bill has been dreaming about going here ever since we saw it on Bill's favorite tv show, Man verses Food.
I can't remember all that you get, but it includes mussels, clams, shrimp, dungenous crab, snow crab, Alaskan king crab, another kind of crab, andouille sausage, corn cobettes, baby red potatoes, and something else.
They bring it out, Dump it on the table....
and hand you a mallet. Bill was in his glory!!!
5 comments:
What a great day! Chuck is obsessed with buying groupons.
I loved reading all about your fun Valentine's day! What a sweet husband you have! I miss you.
SO fun! We were down there on Monday too! Crazy!
How fun! I love your matching outfits.
OK, not to be a nag but how dare you say he does not plan adventures! This is not the first "surprise adventure" that he has planned. It might have taken some training on your part but he seems to rock at it now and he deserves big points! You are a lucky lady and I'm glad you had such a fun Vday.
Post a Comment