Monday, October 27, 2008

Picking Pumpkins!



Oak Glen is a favorite annual tradition in our family.
We go pick apples and pumpkins, and it feels like fall is finally here!
This year we invited Grammy and Papa to go with us, and they were a wonderful addition to our day. Grammy told stories all the way there on the drive. It takes about 75 minutes to get there from our house. Grammy had everyone act out the parts to our favorite fairy tales. We did Goldilocks and the Three Bears and The Three Little Pigs. You would not believe the darling voices Papa did for his characters! So much fun.

The first thing we did was hunt for our pumpkins. They had a great selection. It is so fun because you actually have to cut it off the vine! Our rule is, you can choose any pumpkin you want, but you have to carry it yourself. The boys had an awesome time, and papa made it so much more fun! He taught them all about how to find the best pumpkins!

These pictures are from Saturday, September 27, 2008. I am a little late in my journaling, but better late than never!


3 comments:

MeiLani and Michael said...

oh my word... SO CUTE of them both carrying their own pumpkins. And I am SO bummed I did not hear papa's characters!

karin said...

I want to go there! Too bad the only time we have been up that way has been on Sundays.
Such cute photos!

Mitzi said...

Those two boys are so stinkin' cute! And I too am really bummed that I did not hear papa's characters!