Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shoes

My boys are both so wonderful, but so different.

I just finished getting Brighton ready for school. While he sat and ate toast with jam and watched Curious George, I picked his feet up one by one and put his socks on and then his shoes. They are the easy Velcro tennis shoes... but still... apparently too difficult for Bright to do on his own.

Cole, who always has to be like his brother, disappears and I hear screaming and angry noises. I holler back to Cole, "Are you ok?" "Yeah..." But more angry noises.

Now I know Bright isn't bugging him, because I am still putting Bright's shoes on him, while he is totally engrossed in Monkey George. But again, Cole is making his terrible noises. "Cole, What is wrong?" Silence, for a minute, then horrible growling noises. Then, "I did it!"

Cole comes in with his socks and tennis shoes on! (Side note... he does not have a shirt or pants on... he took those off. Because he knows that he can't go outside in his jammers and he has to have shoes on to go outside.)

He is just an amazing kid.

4 comments:

karin said...

Kids are so funny. I can totally hear Cole's angry noises.

I am so glad you posted this because I mean to post things like this and forget to and then I don't remember that it happened.

Mitzi said...

I loved this post! The reason being because it is an everyday thing that I loved hearing but that you may not have thought to tell me on the phone. Thanks for sharing. What a smart little boy he is!

MeiLani and Michael said...

How great! I wish there was a photo of Cole in a proud superhero stance with his hands on his hips- with shoes, socks, and a diaper on.

Chuck Gates said...

Loved the cute story of your boys. It is amazing how different they are. Brighton, the super healthy athletic giant of a kid, and Cole, the thinking diligent people pleaser.