A friend of mine blogged her Christmas Wish List, and I thought it was a great idea. When I blog I often think, " Would I want to read my grandma's journal on this topic from when she was my age?" And yes, I would love to know what my grandma Bodell wished for at Christmas time when she had two little children of her own. It was soon after a war, and the world was in such a huge time of transition.... anyway... that is another topic for a different post. So here is my Christmas Wish List post.
Bill's family is really big on writing a list of what you would like for Christmas. Then they go directly from the list. It definitely has it's cool perks. No dumb gifts, just stuff you really want. So last week I got out the magnetic notepads for the fridge and wrote at the top. Charise's Christmas Wish List and Bill's Christmas Wish List.
A few days later I noticed Bill had jotted down a few things. Here is his list. Yes... Seriously.
1. Time to Enjoy Life
2. A garage I can work in
3. More Money
Seriously, why not just put World Peace! So does anyone know where I can find more time and money???
And yes, I already know that my sister Mitzi will say, "Yes, move to the East Coast with us!"
As for my list.
1. I'd like a gravy boat for when we have nice dinners.
2. I'd like an electric blanket. Bill loves it to be cold when he sleeps. I like to be snuggly warm. I often sleep with a heating pad, but it is too little. I really want a blanket.
3. I love making mini muffins for breakfast, and mini cupcakes for fun treats. My mini muffin tins are metal, and they rust so badly. I'd love to find a silicon version. I hate trying to clean the rust.
4. My favorite gift Bill has ever given me is the TV headset. It is a really comfortable headset that let's me hear what is on my tv. This way I can clean my house and walk around and do laundry, all while enjoying an episode of friends. Dishes are fun to do when you are listening to "the one where nobody is ready". Well, he gave me this headset about 7 years ago, and it is wearing out. I'd like a new one.
And that is my Christmas wish list... and of course, "world peace!"
What is on your wish list?
6 comments:
Love that you did one too. Isn't it fun. I do have to say that your list is more practical then mine is though. I need to add World Peace!!!! hehe.
I'm pretty sure Matt's list is the same as Bill's. If you find a sale on any of those things, let me know!
~T.
So if I add "more Gates family on the East Coast" to my list will you give it to me for Christmas?
My list is more like Bill's but substitute the garage for a bigger house/yard.
I LOVE my heated blanket! That was my Christmas present from Mike 2 years ago when we were going to Canada. It is so Fantastic! Do you like all of my beauty posts for you? Seriously though it is gorgeous! And on Sunday it was like 72 or something. Today it has been raining and so it was only 60. But so nice to have hot cocoa weather. I will blog my list.
love it! I wish everyone would do a wish list, it would make my life easyer!
Post a Comment