Sunday, November 9, 2008

I am Thankful for ...

I made a turkey dinner tonight, and my house smells amazing. It turned out so great! I felt like an actual domestic goddess! The funny thing is, when I took it out of the freezer to thaw a few days ago, I totally forgot that Thanksgiving is 2 1/2 weeks away. I have had it since May in my freezer, and I have always heard that you should not keep meat frozen longer than 6 months, so I thought, "Oh yeah, I have that nice Turkey in there, I'll make that up. It will be a fun dinner." Duh!!! 2 1/2 weeks before Thanksgiving!!

Brighton kept asking me if this was our Thanksgiving Feast. Well, that made me think of what I am thankful for. Today in Primary the kids all went around to say what they were thankful for, and a ton of the kids said food. And it made me think how thankful I also am for food. But I feel like I have learned such a respect for food this past two years. I have learned so much about the word of wisdom, and eating portion sizes. I guess what I want to say is #1. I am so thankful for delicious food!
And #2. I am so thankful for gastric bypass surgery. I have a whole new life since my surgery, and it is wonderful. I am thankful for parents, siblings and especially a husband who supported me in the decision to have the surgery. I am lucky to have such an amazing blessing.

Lots of my friends now did not know me 3 years ago, so for their benefit, and for my future posterity... I will post some before pictures.

It is funny. When I was bigger, I never thought of myself as huge. When I would see a picture of myself, I would think, "Who is that?" I did it every time. Inside, I felt like a smaller sized person. Not thin, but never morbidly obese. I was just a happy mom with a great husband and two amazing kids. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have a life changing experience like this.






Seriously... What A CUTE Family!!! Am I so lucky or what???

Thank you Heavenly Father for so many wonderful blessings, and thank you for letting me live through the scary parts of the surgery so that I could be here to enjoy such a wonderful life!!

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

wow! That one of you in the pink shirt...wow!

Darci said...

You have always been beautiful!

Unknown said...

Charise I hope you know how much you sparkle! You always make me smile. Love you girl.