Hi friends and family,
We are announcing our great news officially!
I know with adoption it can be hard. You want to be excited and supportive of your friend, but you don't want to make her feel bad if it is not going to work out. I know that you feel bad not asking, because you want to seem interested, but you also feel bad asking because you worry that it is not the right time. Thank you to all my wonderful friends. You have asked "the perfect amount". As an adopting mom... the answer is yes, ask gently and be prepared for any answer.
For us this past 6 months, I know the answer has always been.... "We think so, probably yes." But right now it is looking like a 99% chance that we are having a baby girl sometime in the next week and a half! YAHOOOOOO! Yippeee yiii ahhhhh!!! It could be any day, but I am expecting it to be Tuesday, February 10. (But what do I know? I have never been pregnant before???) But the 10th works out really well for me. (Like that ever matters, right?)
Birth mommy Crystal's due date is Thursday, Feb. 12. Her first baby came one day early, and her second baby came two days early. So I am guessing three days early. But there are some health complications that have had us aware that she only has a 50% chance of carrying to her due date. So this baby might be here any day! (On second thought, I just decided that today is great for me! Let's have this baby today!!!! haha... "Let's", as though I have to do any of the hard part!)
Cole's surgery has been moved (as of 9:00 this morning...) to Friday, February 6. We will be in the hospital (CHOC of Orange) until at least Monday, February 9. If all goes well, we will come home Monday. But they have warned us that we might stay a full week. But I seriously doubt that. Cole will be miserable for two full weeks, and then hopefully moving back to normal the second half of February. With a new baby, it will be an interesting time for us!
We are scheduling play dates for Brighton after school as much as we can for the 9th - the 20th. We have been told the success of Cole's surgery is dependent on him not running or jumping or bouncing at all for a month after the surgery. HELLLOOOO! He is 3! And VERY active!!! He does whatever Brighton does!! So having Bright get to go to play dates for two weeks will really help us out all around.
Lots of you have been so cute and supportive of our little family and you have asked about how you can help. We appreciate all of you so much. We are so blessed to have such great friends to help us at the crazy time in our lives.
Also, we are getting rid of our home phone line. From now on we will only have our cell phones. Our home line will give you my cell number for the next 3 months. Bill's cell is the same first 3 numbers as mine, but then it ends in 3784. I figured this is the best way to let you all know!
I know! I know! These pictures have nothing to do with this post... but seriously! How lucky am I to get to be the mom of such amazing and adorable little spirits sent here from our Father in Heaven! I am feeling so blessed this month!! They are both such fantastic brothers. Savannah must be up in Heaven dancing with joy knowing that she is coming to such a great family who will love her SO MUCH! Can you imagine how excited she must be right now? I am so thankful that I know families are forever. Our family was created long before we came to earth, and we will continue to be a family forever. Long after we leave this life on earth, our family will be together. Thank you Heavenly Father for such an amazing plan of happiness!!!
We love you all,
Charise and Bill
Brighton and Cole
5 comments:
I love reading your posts, they just make me smile and I can hear your sweet voice as I read it.
I hadn't heard that you had chosen Savannah. I always think of the movie Savannah Smiles and it's just such a sweet name.
I better get my package in the mail to you. Did you see my blog?
aaaahhhh! so excited for you :)
i can't believe Cole is having surgery at this juncture in your lives. but i guess it can't be helped, right?
i too forgot you are going w/ the name Savannah - we approve :)
gl and hf!
I am sure people tell you this all the time but you are so amazing! That little girl is so so lucky to be coming to such a cute loving family!
OOOOOHHHHHHH! Charise! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! Good luck with everything this month... it sounds like it will be a busy one!!!!
Okay Charise, I know that I am way far away down in Aliso, but I am here for youl. Just so you know you've got a meal coming after all the ward members bring you food. I found it's a few weeks later that it is so nice not to cook. Congrats and we'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment