
On Cole's first birthday, I journaled the following. I didn't share it at the time. It was just too overwhelming. But I don't want to ever forget how amazing he is.
Cole’s first year…by the numbers
24 ½ weeks along, 15 weeks early
1 pound 5 ounces, 12 inches long
144 days in the NICU

5 major surgeries in the first 20 days
4 hospitals
33 Occupational Therapy appointments
14 Pulmonary Appointments (3 hours each)
3 RSV appointments (Horrible Painful shots)
???? IV’s (each one leaves a small, permanent white bump on his hands and feet. The next time you see Cole, look at his hands and feet. He has lots of tiny scars on them from all his IV’s.)
13 ½ pounds (Finally!)
26 ½ inches long
30 ounces of formula every 24 hours
50 minutes spent on breathing treatments daily
339 days of oxygen 24 hours a day (Now we are only on oxygen at night!)
14 medications daily
Countless surgeons, doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, dieticians, occupational and physical therapists and child life specialists.
An insane amount of hours spent on phone calls trying to coordinate CCS, Medi-Cal, Insurance, Regional Center commitments, and adoption issues.
1 tiny, perfect miracle for 1 incredibly thankful family.
This year I have learned... Life doesn't have to be perfect... To Be Wonderful!
3 comments:
oh my word that little man! What a QT!
What a cute little fighter! I can't imagine our family without him! Oh how I love him and his raspy little voice and laugh!
Awwww... he is such a fighter! What a sweet little boy. And really, what a miracle!
Post a Comment