Monday, December 15, 2008

2,000 days


Brighton,
Today is your 5 1/2 Birthday! You are one of the best parts about my life! I am crazy in love with you. You are a terrific kid, and being your mom is the best thing in the whole world!!
I am so glad Heavenly Father sent you to our house to live.

2,000 days. That is how long this wonderful little boy has been a part of my life. We got him at one week old. It was probably the greatest moment of my life. I know it should be my wedding, but I think Bill would agree. Getting Brighton was the happy ending to the fairytale wedding. We felt this way when we got Cole also. This must just be what it is like when you have kids.

For half birthdays, we get half a cake. Brighton and I designed this one together. We were going for a Mad Hatter Tea Party look. I love how it turned out!


And also a very special thank you to mommy Annette. You were generous and kind, and with what I imagine was with great love and sacrifice, you gave me the greatest joy and gift in my life. I am thankful for you daily. You are a hero in our little family. Brighton knows his tummy mommy loves him, and our family thanks you, mommy Annette.


Interview with Bright:
What is your favorite food?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.... Pepperoni Pizza, Pasta, Popsicles.

What is your favorite toy?
The fastest one! The Hot Wheels Cars that are the fastest, and Lightening McQueen.

mom: What is the best part of school?
Bright: The best or my favorite?
mom: The best.
Bright: The playground.
mom: Okay, what is your favorite?
Bright: the playground.
mom: yep, that's what I thought.

What is the worst part of school?
Homework
(My note, Seriously... you are in Kindergarten! Just wait my sweet boy. You have got a LOT of homework in the next 20 years to come!!!)

Your favorite tv show is Curious George.

We had family dinner at Grammy and Papa's house tonight. Papa bar-b-q'ed pork ribs and they were fantastic! You ate lots! Your favorite veggie is steamed broccoli, and you eat it with butter just to be like papa. You always eat more rolls then anyone else in the house. We also had rice. Lots of foods you love! Tonight, you cleaned your plate!!
Great Grandma and Grandpa Bodell are living here for a few weeks. We are so lucky to have them here! Tonight we played train game and you were on Grandpa Bodell's team. You adore him and you love sitting right next to him, and leaning on his shoulder. He thinks you are wonderful!

And every night before you fall asleep your dad reads you a story and then turns out the lights. As dad snuggles you, you both say your best part of the day. Every night yours is the same. "Just being by you dad."



So I am adding to this post, because Cole is hilarious in this video singing happy birthday to Brighton.

6 comments:

Liz Kirkby said...

yup, i'd agree -- he's just about the cutest kid in the world! happy half bday buddy!

MeiLani and Michael said...

Holy domestic goddess cake! I just posted about you too!!! I remember when you took me to celebrate my 9 1/2 birthday- we went to Mimi's! What a great big sister!

Liz Kirkby said...

btw, I wanted you to know I spoke about you and your family in my sacrament meeting talk yesterday. The assignment was to speak on "Hope" and also on President Uchtdorf's conference talk "Infinite Power of Hope". The story of Cole ended up being the majority of my talk! You and Bill are prime examples to me of what it means to have hope in your lives. if you want, i'll send ya a copy of the talk.

Karyn said...

That cake is amazing!!! So cool, you are the best mom ever! Oh and about Cole's G-tube, I'll totally help out. When I was reading about it I was like, "I know what that is!"

Hancocks said...

Now that's way too sweet!!!! I LOVE how you're cake turned out- you go girl! I'm glad Brighton's in your life too! Happy day!

marcie b said...

i have been meaning to this FOR-EV-ER!!! but wanted to take real time to let you know how incredible you are. i know you don't do anything you do so that people will tell you this, in fact, i don't imagine you do anything you do for you. strictly selfless. you are such an amazing woman, wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, cousin, grand-daughter, etc. and every single person who knows you is beyond blessed to have you in their lives, as am i. i know we never ever see eachother, but you have always been (ever since i was a little, little girl) an example of true joy, happiness and strength. thank you. i love you!

your crazy cousin,

marcie

ps: thanks for all the cute comments, they always make me smile.