Hello all,
We are home from the hospital and doing well. The surgery went really well. However, part of the procedure was an endoscopy, where they video'ed his insides to look around and take a biopsy. During this they noticed that he has a hernia where his esophagus and his stomach connect. He will need surgery again in the near future. This is something that the GI team there today could not do themselves. He needs a specialist surgeon to do what is called a Fundoplication. I think that will be scheduled for about a month from now.
The gave him some crazy drugs and he was hilarious!!!
His head was wobbley, and his legs were like jello. He kept laughing so hard he got the hiccups and squeeked for about half an hour.
When he wakes up and sees the iv in his hand, he is like an ape going crazy. He hates it! I think it scares him more than anything else. Because of this and other surgery and medical tapes being placed on him, he HATES stickers. The grocery clerks always try to give him stickers (like cute cartoon stickers) and he freaks out. Chronically ill children DO NOT LIKE stickers!
They thought he was so cute. (Of course he is!) So the nurses gave him a present. A dump truck! He was very proud.
BEFORE:
Mic Key Button for the G-Tube.
AFTER: Jejunostomy
The food will go directly into his small intestine. (Jejunum)
The tube is a lot longer, and does not have the nice, easy close off port. The g-tube was much easier and user friendly. This new one will take some getting used to. It is really bad if it gets pulled out... ER and another surgery. So we will just have to learn to be really careful.
7 comments:
oh my little man! How funny are those loopy videos of him! What a sweetie. I love how he is totally laughing and then goes SO serious.
Sorry about the post that I did after you had already done one. My google reader did not register it so I thought I would update everyone. But after posting it, I went to View Blog and hello! There was already a MUCH better update from you. Oh well. You can delete that if you want. I went back in and changed the time so I didn't look like a goon to everyone.
oh and that photo of him in the wheelchair...SO CUTE!
I'm so glad for the update. We've been praying for Cole, and for you, and for Bill today! Keep us posted on the recovery. Love you tons!
I am so glad to hear he is doing well and that the surgery went well. So sorry about the Fundoplication.
I agree those videos are awesome...what a great memory to have of him! So glad that you are all doing so well!!!!
So cute and funny. That is awesome that the drugs made him like that. Glad everything went good.
We loved the short time we were able to spend with you this weekend. Cole is such a sweetheart and I just love being with him. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother.
Love,
Aunt Pam
Post a Comment