I have had the opportunity to do this fun talk seven times now. It started as a Relief Society lesson, and then I was asked to do it for a stake young women's Super Saturday. This last Friday night I was asked to do it for the Orange Stake's Beehive Special Evening. The girl in charge was darling! Tara Cattani did a great job making the whole evening tie in with my theme. It was really fun.
My talk in short is:
1. You are a divine daughter of a Father in Heaven who loves you!
2. Satan's goal is to get you to hate your body, and want to destroy and despise it.
3. Finding your personal beauty, inside and out and knowing who you are.
4. Serving others is the key to finding happiness.
5. Your body is a temple of God. You are a daughter of royalty!
There are some fun stories and cute object lessons that include.
After my talk they split into two groups. There were two other rooms. One was making a mirror frame craft. They had it already for the girls to decoupage their mirrors. They were already assembled and the backs and sides were painted. They had all the cute paper ready to be torn up and glued on.
The next room had a morning relay set up.
They had to memorize this scripture while waiting for their turn and recite it at the end.
I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, and that he loves me and knows who I am. I know he hears my prayers, and that he understands my wants and needs. His plan of happiness provides a way for me to live with my family forever, even after this life on earth.
3 comments:
This looks sooo cute! You are just the cutest most creative person! I wish I could have been there to see it!
I love this! I am hoping you are going to give all us girls this lesson at the Brown reunion?
Love this! That looks like so much fun! You are seriously so creative!
Post a Comment