Monday, February 23, 2009

Soccer Monsters

I'm a soccer monster, I love my soccer ball. I would rather play soccer than do anything at all.
You can be the kicker, I will be the blocker... It doesn't really matter as long as we play Soccer!
Soccer! yeah One, Two, Three, Four! Soccer! Put the ball on the floor.
Soccer, sing it one time more... Soccer! Pass, shoot, score! Pass, shoot, score! Pass, shoot, score!

Name that show... anyone? We hear that one all the time at our house!

Okay, so Brighton LOVES playing soccer. We do it through Saddleback Unified School District Community Recreation Program. It is $75 for seven weeks. They get a t-shirt, and soccer socks. This is our 4th session. Each session gets a new color of shirt. We started as the Gold Fish, then we were the Gray Sharks, the the Teal Tigers, and now the Green Dragons.
I think it is great! We go on Saturday mornings, usually from 9:00 to 10:30. They practice for 45 minutes, then play a game against another team for 45 minutes. Brighton has gotten pretty good. The score is usually about 3 goals on each side. Brighton almost always makes 2 of the 3 goals for our team. He and Cailyn often work together. She kicks it to him, and he kicks it in. We are trying to get him to realize that without his team, (especially Cailyn) he would not be making any goals.... but he has not quite gotten that down yet. We will keep working on it.

He loves it, and I like him learning teamwork and the rules of the game. I also love the exercise he is getting.
It makes for a beautiful Saturday morning for everyone involved...

EXCEPT COLE...

Cole is desperate to get out there!!! He begs and pleads for the entire hour and a half. At the end, they do the team tunnel, where the parents make a tunnel for the kids to run through. It is so cute! Cole asks the entire game... "tunnel now mom?" No, not yet. 2 minutes later... "Tunnel now mom? Argh!

So here is Brighton and Cole doing the tunnel run from Saturday.

And here is Brighton getting an award for making awesome goals. Watch to the end to see how well Cole cheers Brighton on, how well he is dealing with Brighton being the star, and not him.

Hilarious! Luckily Cole can start next January. We will be there the first day possible!

The cute little blondie is Cailyn, a friend from church who is also in Kids Are Music.
The other little girl is Alicia, who was adopted this year by our good friends Don and Patty. She and Brighton love to play together. They are darling little girls! Brighton is a lucky boy!

3 comments:

karin said...

Backyardigans.

I think I will have to have my boys play soccer soon.

Mitzi said...

We have 6 Backyardigans Tivoed. That is one of the 6. We love Soccer Monsters. Poor Colie

Hancocks said...

Soccer is so fun! And I loved the videos. So hilarious!