Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cole, my rock star!

We are home from the hospital and we are thrilled!
#1... Cole has HEALTH INSURANCE!!! As of 5:00pm Cole had a Medicaid number. Within 10 minutes we were in the car driving to the ER. I had packed a bag in the middle of the night Friday night when he was so sick and barely breathing. I usually just keep a bag ready.

#2... The doctors and staff were great. We were really pleased with the service. I realize that we were VERY SPOILED with CHOC in Orange County because it was such a new hospital and so clean and nice. UNC Hospital is very highly ranked for pediatric pulminary (continually listed in the top 10 in the United States for that specialty, and that is what we were looking for.)

#3... They gave me the choice of staying overnight or coming home to sleep and returning for an appointment tomorrow. I love my bed and house, so we jumped at the choice to come home to sleep and then follow up tomorrow with them.

#4... Our appointment tomorrow should get us set up with GI and Pulmonary specialists. YAHOOOOEEEE!
We are feeling very blessed tonight.

#5... Once again, the answer to what is wrong with my little boy... "Mam, he was born at 24 and a half weeks. He has CHRONIC LUNG DISEASE. It is amazing that you have not been here every month.
Apparently having chronic lung disease is what is the matter with him. I guess it is a big deal. It does get us front of the line passes at Disneyland and handicapped parking at the mall during busy season...

Thank you all for your support, love and prayers.

Now if only the rest of us could get health insurance coverage. hmmmm, keep up the prayers.
Love you,
Charise

1 comment:

Kriss Gates said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh MY! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh My! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh My! My cup runneth over just looking at this blog! Your performers are darling... especially the 10 that are my grandchildren. Really, tell your new kids I was very, very thrilled to see what big smiles they had while performing!
I love you so much. Thanks for keeping the program going for all our "Kids". Love, Mom